James 1:27

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Adoption

As we've begun telling people that we are adopting, many have asked for me to start a blog. To be honest, I didn't want to.  Mostly, I am overwhelmed. I have so much to do (or as Glenn would say, some things I choose to do to create more chaos in my life); research, read, prepare, pray, paperwork. And.... this is one more thing that is going to keep me from spending time with my kids.
However, I'm feeling differently at the moment. After spending some time reading adoption blogs others have shared, I see that this is actually a quicker way of sharing what is current. Certainly, a personal way, and most of you know I am not afraid to share what's on my mind (sorry). More importantly, it will be a story to share with our child that I could never compose afterwards.
I'm actually at ease about this blog thing as I write. I am excited to share how God has, is, and will work in our lives. I have never before felt so close to him. Okay, I'm getting emotional already-think this is going to be a norm for me from now on.  I did, however, agree to myself that if I were to do this, I would not sugar coat anything.
Only my heart and honesty will be embedded here.

No comments: