James 1:27

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

...and the days go on

Received an update from the coordinator over there today and I didn't find it very encouraging. Seems he turned in the same paperwork at the interview that he has for all the other Visa's but the consular wants more. I have asked for him to clarify exactly what paperwork she wants because his first email seemed like it was just consent/decree from the courts but again, he should have known that so if he turned that in then I'm not sure what they want now. I have also emailed the consular 3 times over the past week with no response. The coordinator also said he has "combed" the court and cannot find these documents and so he has requested them from Social Welfare. Hopefully even if they get them they will suffice. If not, I don't know where we stand. I feel like it could be weeks now. It's been one week and really nothing. I am in contact with lots of adoptive moms that have been through the Ghana process. One of them said she had to get a lawyer letter and take it in order to get the courts to "find" her documents. This is where Glenn and I are waiting for God to say, "go". We need prayers for confirmation on whether to keep riding it out for a bit or to just go. We could end up there for weeks and even returning without Amaya if the consular gets all documents but continues to not issue the Visa. A similar thing happened a year ago and families were stuck waiting for weeks-months for approval for no apparent reason.  Please remember to pray for us. I had really thought we would be traveling this week but now I feel like it will take a miracle for that to happen (I do believe in them!). Everytime you're stopped at a light and it turns green--hopefully that will trigger you to remember Amaya in your prayers.

No comments: